The DeMiero Jazz Fest is made possible through the dedication and efforts of our many Volunteers. It is a time of youthful excitement, exemplary music and incredible musical growth. The Jazz Fest brings a wonderful feeling of community, accomplishment and commitment to nurturing the art of jazz, as well as pride in our youth and the people dedicated to encouraging them. You will gain much from being a part of this incredible event! The daytime festival depends on the help of many volunteers. For example:
- We need people to assist with morning registration, greeting school buses and guiding school groups around the various venue sites.
- We also need lots of volunteers to staff different venue areas, including warm-up rooms, hospitality and monitoring entrances and exits to performance venues.
- We can always use people willing to help with set-up and tear-down of equipment (drums, amplifiers, etc.) before, during and after the festival.
- We need volunteer’s help putting up posters, selling ads for the printed program, etc.
Volunteers are needed from early morning until later in the afternoon on each of the festival days (Friday & Saturday). Our greatest need is for early morning helpers and most shifts are 3-4 hours, but we can use any amount of time you are available, whether it is one hour or many! If you would like to personally help the DeMiero Jazz Fest to be successful, please go to the Contact Us page and fill out the form. Be sure to tic the box “Volunteering”. Please indicate the following information in the message box:
- Which days are you available?
- What type of tasks are you interested in (and/or which tasks are you unable to participate in)
- What time(s) are you available? Early morning (around 6:30 or 7:00 AM is often most needed!)
As a special thank you, each volunteer will receive one free ticket to one of the evening performances, a $35.00 value! (One ticket only per volunteer.)