Registration for the 2018 DeMiero Jazz Fest is now open!
Your choir can stretch its wings at the DeMiero Jazz Festival, with one, two, and three-day options. If you would like to attend on Friday or Saturday, you will experience one-on-one time with a professional clinician, the chance to perform for your peers and the general public, and the opportunity to watch other groups perform and be critiqued throughout the day. Additional workshops and solo clinics are available to your students. The experience is capped with an evening performance, where international vocal jazz headliners René Marie and Dee Daniels front the DeMiero Jazz Fest All-Star Band, along with special guest artists. Friday and/or Saturday registration includes 10 complimentary tickets** to the evening performance. If you are ready for something more intense – register for the new Thursday Music Intensive, (TMI). Here are all the details!
**Comp tickets are only awarded to those registering before December 1st.
New to DJF 2018 is our Thursday Music Intensive (TMI)
What is TMI? DJF 2018 Thursday Music Intensive (TMI) was created as a new and exclusive opportunity for you and your choir. We are bringing in world class musicians, clinicians and guest artists ONE day early, for a bonus intensive day of performing and learning for a small number of select choirs. We only have space for 10 choirs (high school and above only) so registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
We have created this bonus day – full of interactive intensive experiences that will inspire your students in ways that are not provided for in a typical jazz festival. Under the guidance of nationally recognized vocal clinicians, guest artists and musicians, your students will be dialed into a full day of singing and interactive sessions. These sessions will not only include topics for the vocal students, but for your ensemble’s rhythm section, sound engineer and even you, the director!
In advance of the festival, you will receive a pre-selected vocal arrangement to be performed in mass by all of the attending groups, accompanied by the DeMiero Jazz Fest All Star Band and featuring our 2018 Guest Artists Rene Marie and Dee Daniels (DJF Artistic Director) at Thursday’s evening concert.
We are very excited to also introduce our first DeMiero Jazz TMI Vocal Ensemble! This elite group will be created by you, our participating Directors. Each Director will be asked to pre-select one or two students from your ensemble to perform in this special group. Your selected students will be given the music prior to the festival so they can learn their parts. Upon their arrival at the 2018 festival, they will get further instructions for their special workshops and rehearsals during the day and performance at the Thursday evening concert.
What happens during the TMI bonus day? Let us give you a snapshot of what you can expect!
After arrival: Your choir arrives in the morning and you begin with a mass rehearsal of the specially chosen song which will also be sung in mass at the conclusion of the day, an experience the students will never forget!
YOUR PERSONALIZED SCHEDULE
Each choir will have a personalized schedule made up to include:
- Exclusive performance time
- Extended constructive critique with one of our world-class clinicians, who will build on strengths and take the time to dig in and work together for excellent results. These new skills will be applied immediately in your performances later in the festival (see multi-day packages for details)
- Lunch and dinner breaks
- Rhythm section intensive workshops and mentoring opportunities from DJF All Star Band members: Josh Nelson, Bruce Forman, Paul Beaudry, and Dwayne “Cook” Broadnax
- Special topic intensive clinics from the areas of expertise from this year’s artists for example: “The Art of Scat”, “Making it Real: Storytelling Through Song”, “Mic Techniques”, “Ensemble Sound Shaping” and more…
- Workshops for Directors and Sound Engineers
- Evening concert – which will include features from our guest artists and musicians. In addition, someone from your choir could be chosen to perform that night in front of all the other choirs
- Highlight and archival footage of the day – will be available after the festival for purchase
This is a special day – with opportunities for your students and musicians to dig deeper into the wonderful world of vocal jazz. We can only accommodate 10 groups max on a first come, first serve basis so don’t delay… REGISTER NOW! Join us for TMI at DeMiero Jazz Fest 2018 – Thursday Music Intensive will be a very inspirational and memorable day to remember for you and your students.
2018 DeMIERO JAZZ FEST PACKAGES and OPTIONS
We realize that for some groups the added expense of a second day will require planning and possible fundraising. We have offered discounts for Friday/Saturday if you choose to add TMI to your festival package. Your performance on the second day will reflect the work and inspiration your group gained from the day before – which allows for immediate application of learned skills and techniques! We are so excited to offer this TMI day for choirs wanting that next level of learning and interaction at our festival. Contact us immediately to be included in TMI for DeMiero Jazz Fest 2018.
REGISTRATION FEES and OPTIONS
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI only: $650.00
- Friday only: $400.00
- Saturday only: $400.00
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI – AND – Friday: $950.00 (Save $100)
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI – AND – Saturday: $950.00 (Save $100)
- DeMiero Jazz Fest TMI – AND – Friday – AND – Saturday: $1300.00 (Save $150)
Daytime performance slots ﬁll up fast. Register as soon as you can as registrations will be prioritized by date payment or purchase order is received. Payment or purchase order must be received by February 1st at the latest to participate in the Jazz Fest.